September -June 8:30am & 10:00am on Sundays
July-Labour Day Weekend 9:30am on Sundays

September -June 8:30am & 10:00am on Sundays
July-Labour Day Weekend 9:30am on Sundays

Who We Are

We are proud of our historic building, but even more so of our present-day Church, made up of wonderful and faithful people. We are vibrant and welcoming parish, active within our church, and out in the wider community. We are a prayer-full, inclusive, and supportive congregation, committed to loving and serving God, one another, and caring for the earth.

This is our

Vision

Changing our corner of the world with good news

Mission

A praying, inclusive, Christian community, reaching out to serve

Our Logo

Our Logo

The Background

St. Paul’s is a vibrant Christian church in the Anglican tradition. We are welcoming, inclusive, smaller (but growing!), and community-focussed. We work together to create a safe space in which everyone can feel included and valued.

The Colours

  • Red: fire, blood of Jesus, Holy Spirit, celebration, Pentecost, love, St. Paul, Canada, confidence, passion …..
  • Blue: trust, sky, water, the St. Lawrence River, calm, inclusivity, Advent, faith, Mary the mother of Jesus …..
  • Green: life, living things, Ordinary Time, hope, Green Group, environment, money, the Trinity, growth, the prayer book, ‘Jesus saying, “I am the vine”’, our gardens …..
  • Yellow: diversity, energy, the sun, light, the glory of God, warmth, Christmas, Easter, All Saints, new hope, guidance …..
  • Orange: Indigenous people, Orange Shirt Day, children, truth and reconciliation, community, companionship, fruits of the earth …..

 

The Shape Language

The shape of the logo comes from the shape of some of St. Paul’s stained glass windows. At the centre is the Cross, which is the life-giving heart of our Christian faith. The particularly red cross is the symbol of the Anglican Church of Canada. The rose window is re-imagined in a pinwheel pattern, with all parts working together to move the wheel forward. It could also be imagined as a flower, symbolizing abundant life in Jesus Christ. Or imagine people reaching out from God, reaching out in all directions to serve others.

The Background

St. Paul’s is a vibrant Christian church in the Anglican tradition. We are welcoming, inclusive, smaller (but growing!), and community-focussed. We work together to create a safe space in which everyone can feel included and valued.

The Colours

Red: fire, blood of Jesus, Holy Spirit, celebration, Pentecost, love, St. Paul, Canada, confidence, passion …..

Blue: trust, sky, water, the St. Lawrence River, calm, inclusivity, Advent, faith, Mary the mother of Jesus …..

Green: life, living things, Ordinary Time, hope, Green Group, environment, money, the Trinity, growth, the prayer book, ‘Jesus saying, “I am the vine”’, our gardens …..

Yellow: diversity, energy, the sun, light, the glory of God, warmth, Christmas, Easter, All Saints, new hope, guidance …..

Orange: Indigenous people, Orange Shirt Day, children, truth and reconciliation, community, companionship, fruits of the earth …..

The Shape Language

The shape of the logo comes from the shape of some of St. Paul’s stained glass windows. At the centre is the Cross, which is the life-giving heart of our Christian faith. The particularly red cross is the symbol of the Anglican Church of Canada. The rose window is re-imagined in a pinwheel pattern, with all parts working together to move the wheel forward. It could also be imagined as a flower, symbolizing abundant life in Jesus Christ. Or imagine people reaching out from God, reaching out in all directions to serve others.

What Do You See?

Our Church was founded in 1885.

Our History

Our Church was founded by a group of lay people who, in 1885, decided to leave St. Peter’s Anglican Church (now St. Lawrence, just up the street), and establish their own congregation.  The desire of the men and women who founded St. Paul's was to establish a church that would be evangelical and reformed and reflect the virtues of personal piety. In keeping with this desire, the church was a strong supporter of missionary activity. For many years the Rector was required to spend some time each year in some mission field. Characteristically, in 1886 funds existed for Divinity Students, Home Missions, Foreign Missions, widows and orphans, and the poor.

Our beautiful stone building was constructed during the 1840's according to a design by L.G. Howard of Toronto, under the supervision of Benjamin Chaffey Jr. The same partnership was responsible for the nearby Leeds and Grenville Court House. Mr. Chaffey built a number of fine buildings which can be recognized by a band of stone (plinth) running around the building just above ground level.

The building was originally erected as a Methodist Congregational Church, but in 1886 it was purchased by the St. Paul's congregation for the tidy sum of $5,500. A Parish Hall was added to the east side of the building in 1891.  

The original gas fittings used for lighting the church are still visible in the Narthex and in other locations. The Nave of St. Paul's, except for the ceiling, remains much as it was in 1852, as such it is one of Brockville's least changed historic buildings. The church interior receives a large amount of natural light from its many large windows. This is unusual for churches of this vintage.

In 1892 the interior of the building was decorated, and three stained glass windows were installed on the west side. the remaining windows in the Nave are the originals. Fourteen years later, in 1906, major renovations of the church were undertaken, including the addition of the current Chancel and the Virginia Pine ceilings. Further stained glass was added over time. The three-section stained glass window in the chancel, showing the scene at Emmaus when the disciples recognize the risen Lord in the breaking of the bread, was installed in 1919. It is an extremely fine example of stained glass.

Our History

Our Church was founded by a group of lay people who, in 1885, decided to leave St. Peter’s Anglican Church (now St. Lawrence, just up the street), and establish their own congregation.  The desire of the men and women who founded St. Paul's was to establish a church that would be evangelical and reformed and reflect the virtues of personal piety. In keeping with this desire, the church was a strong supporter of missionary activity. For many years the Rector was required to spend some time each year in some mission field. Characteristically, in 1886 funds existed for Divinity Students, Home Missions, Foreign Missions, widows and orphans, and the poor.

Our beautiful stone building was constructed during the 1840's according to a design by L.G. Howard of Toronto, under the supervision of Benjamin Chaffey Jr. The same partnership was responsible for the nearby Leeds and Grenville Court House. Mr. Chaffey built a number of fine buildings which can be recognized by a band of stone (plinth) running around the building just above ground level.

The building was originally erected as a Methodist Congregational Church, but in 1886 it was purchased by the St. Paul's congregation for the tidy sum of $5,500. A Parish Hall was added to the east side of the building in 1891.  

The original gas fittings used for lighting the church are still visible in the Narthex and in other locations. The Nave of St. Paul's, except for the ceiling, remains much as it was in 1852, as such it is one of Brockville's least changed historic buildings. The church interior receives a large amount of natural light from its many large windows. This is unusual for churches of this vintage.

In 1892 the interior of the building was decorated, and three stained glass windows were installed on the west side. the remaining windows in the Nave are the originals. Fourteen years later, in 1906, major renovations of the church were undertaken, including the addition of the current Chancel and the Virginia Pine ceilings. Further stained glass was added over time. The three-section stained glass window in the chancel, showing the scene at Emmaus when the disciples recognize the risen Lord in the breaking of the bread, was installed in 1919. It is an extremely fine example of stained glass.

Our History

Changing our corner of the world with good news